Yoga Baby & Mommy
Postnatal moms & pre-crawling babies w/ midwife/doctor oral release
Wednesdays, June 27-August 1, 10:30-11:45 am
Facilitator: Sheryl Haynes
$60 per 6 week session
Try the first class out and pay after class, per your interest. Cash or checks only please.
A special combined class to explore Baby Itsy Bitsy Yoga® and Postnatal Yoga, within a nurturing community. Learn songs and yoga poses to support your baby's development, sleep, and digestion. Practice postnatal yoga with your baby in your arms or next to you as you strengthen, renew, and relax. Explore ways to connect mind, body, and spirit within your journey as a parent. Enjoy the extended class time for connecting with other moms about parenting, and nurturing your new role.
Appropriate for both new and experienced yoga students. Moms and babes should dress comfortably. Water for mommy hydration, baby blanket, and a rattle or other small toy is needed for every class. Use of own yoga mat is encouraged but loaners are available.
For you and your baby to receive the full benefit of the offering, you are encouraged to sign up for the full session. However, we do understand that availability may change. Opportunity to attend at a pro-rated fee is available for 3 classes or more.
Benefits of Baby Itsy Bitsy Yoga
- Deepens parent/child bond
- Helps baby sleep longer and better
- Improves digestion and eases tummy troubles
- Relieves fussiness and colic
- Discover ways to enhance all areas of development
- Strengthens the immune system
- Encourages neuromuscular development
Benefits of Postnatal Yoga
- Strengthens the back, abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
- Releases tension in shoulders and neck muscles
- Helps to improve posture
- Decreases overall stress and promotes relaxation
- Rejuvenates the mind and increases energy
- Provides and opportunity to connect with other mothers
- Creates a safe environment to bond with baby